Sunday, July 12, 2009

Off and Running

I finally got off my butt and went for a run. It was the first time since I ran the LA Marathon, that's been like almost two months. Took a nice little trail run,, 1hr 13min, in Kenneth Hahn, already hot by 7 am. It felt great to run again. I still have some tightness and congestion in my chest from a little cold that has been lingering for weeks now.

I've been watching the Tour de France, which is an inspiration in itself. Lance being back in it has been quite amazing and the fact that he and teammate Contador have started battling out has been making it a very interesting and exciting race. But I think it took getting into the mountains to get me back to training.

Cindy leaves for a job in Atlanta Monday. So there is a new clarity and focus to what is happening in our household.

Whatever the reason it was great to start training again. I'm looking to lose 10-15 pounds in 3-6 weeks. Setting a goal to slam dunk by end of the summer, which is a big reason I want to drop that much weight. I also don't feel like hauling around 200 lbs on the bike and up and down those trails. Looking forward to a new bag of tricks in regards to fitness. Look out for some fun and different training techniques to come.

0 comments: