Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Days of Play

Goodbye Cindy

We saw Cindy off this morning. After dropping her off at LAX we headed down to San Pedro to join other home school kids and parents in a PE/movement class led by another home school dad, Efrain (rare) who also studies Brazilian juijitsu (more rare) with the Machado brothers (rarerist). We ran down a trail, bounding around rocks, throwing and carrying rocks of all sizes, ending up doing sprints, bear walks, duck walks and the like ont the wet sand, a beautiful day to be by the beach, unfortunately we didn't think to bring our suits, oh well.

Off to park day

So I'm on this new kick to really try to make my work outs fun. I think the drudgery of all the runs leading up to the marathon and the repitition of "regular"excercise have kept me away. So here I am, back at it with fun.


The Slackline

We tried out the slackline at the Venice Eco-fest and were hooked. So I ordered one from Gibbons Slackline.
I set it up and it was awesome.



Skye sizing it up.



And soon there was a line to slackline.




River, one step at a time





Okay it was a bit harder than I expected.

I ended up shortening the distance so that it didn't bounce quite so much, making the slack line a little less slack.

We played some frisbee a little latter and then hopped around a bit.

Fun, fun, fun.


Tuesday

Started out with Skye and me doing some yoga.

Later on we were off to the beach for more fun and excercise, swimming and bouncing around in the waves. Again excercise that's fun.

Tommorrow off to circus school.

No really I'm not kidding.

0 comments: