Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Tough Mudder
GO!!!













This was how it started. A mass group start downhill yelling all the way.















It was after all the Braveheart Charge.

We ran down hill, a lot. We come upon areas too steep to run, to narrow to race, in fact there are forced "no run, no pass" areas on the course.

By the time we get to the ridiculously steep uphill portions, there is little need to impose a "no run, no pass" area. Too hot, too steep and if you're marching as fast as the guy next to you is "running", why waste the energy, there is still 17 more obstacles and 6 more up and down hill miles.

We finally get to our next obstacle, a tunnel crawl. I can't fit too well. So I pull my self through with my forearms and lats, dragging my body behind.

Then we're off to more obstacles.










After scrambling over some huge cable spools, helping one another over these obstacles we scamper through a tire field.












Over hill over dale,
A mudder's heart will never fail












This was the water canon aka snow making machines that was aimed at us mudders as we raced up a half-pipe.

We charged toward mud.





And mud we got.













Mud's not too bad.
40F water is bad.

























Our not quite freezing lake.




















In we go. Come on guys this is not where we want a bottle neck.












This is actually where I ran into a traffic jam. As I was going under my first barrel people had stopped ahead of me to take a breath, maybe summon some courage. All I know is I was under water in 40F and ran into someone's butt.

Seriously?













And now we have to drag our butts out




, only to......



















have to slide back into the Artic pond.













What followed was a log carry, some fence climbing and a lot of down hill.

Oh and of course the "surprise challenge" taking a nice slurp of hot sauce before running and jumping through the victory flames.






















Fire, fire, fire

0 comments: