Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blogety, Blog, Blog

Were In the World Is Jon?

I started this blog, way back when simply to share with friends and family our travels. That was back when we actually were traveling. Since then it has become a sort of public diary serving as much as a writing exercise as a way to keep track of what happened when, given my already sketched memory.

Lately however, my Facebook updates and posts have sort of taken place of blogging, which is sort of cool and sort of sucks, cause as a writing exercise blogging was a first step, just barely maintaining my shape as it were. Facebook, however is like ordering the salad at McDonald's and saying you've started a new diet. Anyhow, here's some quick updates:

Girl scouts: up and running again.

Home Schooling: Ups and downs as always, but Skye did a speech on dyslexia and nabbed Best Speaker

Fitness World: Sporadic training, doing juijitsu more regularly, just ran a half-marathon and fared ok, ankle good, aerial arts going strong

Milagro Vertical Farm: We've made some decisions to downsize so for a while I just stopped thinking about the backyard. I've had to readjust and realize the process was going to take a bit longer and stuff still needed tending to, kind of like the blog. So I've been "farming" but in a much more abbreviated fashion. Even gave away a couple of the birds.

Cindy's in Chicago and swamped by the job. She'll be missing Halloween with us but after that there are several trips planned going both ways.

Eco-class continues to keep me busy. In fact, I gotta run to straighten up after yesterdays schoolin'. Meal worms, living and dead need cleaning up and sorting out.

Details and photos to follow.

0 comments: