Friday, October 15, 2010

PreMudder

I went up to the race course the day before to check things out and I walked a little bit of the course.




After checking out the course, I felt much better. The signs were funny and over the top, but really looked easier than I thought it would be. And meeting some of the other racers made me feel more secure about how I stacked up against the competition.




And the ankle brace was a very, very good investment.



I headed back to the quaint inn I had reservations at and immediately after checking in headed next door to the Lube Room and grabbed a beer and a burger, a perfect pre-race meal, right?




The Dorrington Hotel was a lovely inn, but when the innkeeper took me upstairs to my room telling me how much I was going to love the decor, I had to wonder who he thought he was talking to. I mean, here I was a single dude coming up to run in an event called the Tough Mudder.



It was a nice room granted.



The embroidered pillow, the old fashioned doll or the quilt rack, how to choose my favorite.




Your my favorite, you'll be my inspiration in the mud pit.




I was still worried about the water sections of the race. 40 F that's cold.





This was the reading the morning of the race. However, the temperature which would be ranging from the mid 50s and the low 70s, which when you're running up hill in a long-sleeve compression shirt with gloves on, actually feels pretty toasty.


I got to the site hours ahead of time, checked in, signed up for the free tattoo and then waited and waited.

Let's go.

0 comments: