Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post Mudder

I FINISHED
I AM ONE TOUGH MUDDER






I finished the Tough Mudder event in a little under two hours. It was a lot of fun. Not nearly as hard as I expected, although the water was every bit as cold. But I wasn't in it as long as I anticipated and it wasn't as deep either. So not so bad.

Now it was time to celebrate and appreciate and document.




Free Beer, Free Tattoo of the event logo,





Free Mullets and Mohawks!!!

What more could a post-race party need?






Music and food....Got it.




There was even a rum swiggin' Tough Mudder version of Jack Sparrow or some kindred spirit.

Bravo!!!!


I went to the finish line to cheer on some of the other Tough Mudders








Go Mudders



It was great passing under this blow up arch and being done.



For most the fire "obstacle" was little more than a final formality and a great photo-op.



These two gals went to grab hands to finish together and the crowd shouted its approval...and then they went crashing to the ground.

They brushed themselves off, laughing and did indeed finish together.



This young las was confused as to what and where to go. Jump over real fire? What kind of race is this anyway?




This was the "surprise" obstacle, downing a Dixie cup of Tabasco.

I went a little ways up and got some shots and video of the Half-pipe obstacle.



Into the mud, the first water/mud obstacle of the course a little after mile two.



Watch in the video for one guy doing a back flip into the mud, impressive.




After the mud, off to face the freezing shower blasting at you as you trudge up the half-pipe. It actually was refreshing. And that was hours earlier for me, when it was still in the high 50s, low 60s.




72 degrees seems ideal, but to be running up and down hills, it's actually pretty steamy.

Poor mudders.


Looking forward to the next one....

There will be a next one.

3 comments:

cindy carr said...

thanks for posting the photos and info - it looks like it must have so much fun - i wonder if i could do it?!

Unknown said...

Photos looks great this event is on my bucket list for 2011, I am signed up for a Spartan Race early next year as well.

Jon Danniells said...

I'll be doing that Spartan Race as well, looking forward to it.