Thursday, October 07, 2010

To Mammoth and Beyond


Skye and I are both having adventures.

I dropped her off to go to a Girl Scout horse riding camp. She's very excited and fortunately they have an indoor arena so the weather won't be an issue. That is certainly not the case for me.

After sending her on her way, I turned north to head up to Mammoth to start acclimating to the elevation and doing as much last minute prep as possible for the Tough Mudder event, I'll be doing on Saturday.

Lone Pine

I stopped off in Lone Pine. Cindy and I worked up there for a few weeks years ago on GI Jane. It's not changed all that much. They've been doing movies there for a long time. In fact, this weekend in the Lone Pine Film Festival.






This little community garden caught my eye.



It's amazing how much the Local Food/Community garden is catching on.




Every little bit helps, more in education and awareness than food production, but the longest journey....



I love the drive up to Mammoth. Fall and winter are definitely on their way. Hopefully it warms up a little this weekend. There are several water obstacles I am not looking forward to doing in sub-freezing temps. I'll have to find my polar bear spirit to cross these Alpine lakes.


The guys over at Tough Mudder were kind enough to give us a preview of what's in store for us




You've got to swim out and then under the barrels.



Then you have to climb out and continue through more obstacles.

I am freezing to death just looking at it.

Better get back to training.

0 comments: