Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Acclimating in Mammoth

High Altitude Conditioning

I knew that of the many elements and obstacles that were going to being involved with the Tough Mudder, the one most people don't think about and the one that can become crucial real fast is getting your body ready to exert effort at a higher elevation than it's used to.

The race was going to summit at over 8000 ft so I headed up to Mammoth Lakes to acclimate.
.
Plus I love Mammoth



I went for a 4 mile jog the morning after getting there, with my new ankle brace. It's so beautiful there I just wanted to keep going and going.

Later on in the day I bicycled around town a bit and did some body-weight exercises later . In the evening, I definitely felt the effects of the altitude and realized even with my restraint, I have over done it. Rest, rest, rest was all that was on the menu for the following day.




Already a bunch of snow on the mountain up at the Main Lodge.




I plan to make a point of getting up into the mountains more.







A shot out the window as the sun comes up on my way back home to Los Angeles.

Next post
TOUGH MUDDER

0 comments: