Sunday, October 31, 2010

Torrance Farmer's Market

As part of my on-going Farmer's Market series, and because I needed mushrooms for my Fungi ecology class and had neglected to venture out over the weekend, Skye and I headed south to the Torrance Tuesday Farmer's Market

For no reason other than habit, I have only been to the Santa Monica and Venice farmer's markets recently, so this felt like a nice change.




Come on dad, I thought you said we were in a rush.

We were actually. We had to find the market, parking and locate a fungi stand, choose, purchase and then get back up to Westchester for Skye's Shakespeare class.

So unfortunately I couldn't relax and really investigate.





One major difference was size, not necessarily in number of vendors, but just the physical space that the other markets don't have.



There was actually room to move, even room for those double -wide strollers that are so popular at the Santa Monica venues.



But there weren't a lot of strollers, or tons of chefs or caterers, just a bunch of "normal" folks buying local foods.





The food vendors were a bit more Latino-themed, kind of ....






There was also more Asian food products available.




All in all it was a well stocked, organized Farmer's Market with easy access and lots of variety. There was not nearly as many people peeping, crowd gazing as the SM/Venice shows but .....


They did have mushrooms.



The mushroom vendor was very sweet and had many, many varieties of fungi.





So many mushrooms, so little....

Did I tell you about the mushroom who walks into a bar and the bartender crosses his arms and start shaking his head.

"Get out, get out now. We don't serve your type here"

I was a little confused as was the mushroom.

"Come on, please, ...."

" Come on, man, I' a fun guy"







Get it a fungi,
a fun guy.

0 comments: