Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Hunter Within......NOT

The other day we were visited by a raccoon, perhaps more than one. I initially chased him away, with a camera actually trying to take a picture. I ended up running into a fence and getting this....






That's my upper thigh by the way.


So I tried a different tact and unfortunately ran out of batteries and my 2, yes 2 back-up batteries were also dead.

So I resorted to my I-phone.

But first.....



There's a raccon under that chair, I promise. I thought this might be the best photo. How sad.

We turned on one light and then another and ....



Skye got pretty close to the little critter.





And her pics were much better than mine.



and got better.



Of course I was very concerned for the safety of our cats and even more for our flock of defenseless birds. So I put out a trap.

A Live, non-harmful trap to be sure. The first night I caught a kitten, which the raccoon ended up swiping at and taunting. Skye witnessed this, I was in bed by then.

The second night....





This big toughie had also put the fear in Daisy and he is a big, thick boned feline, however trapped he comes across as well a pussy.






The raccoons seem to have moved on so my trappin' days are done....for now.

0 comments: