Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Very Unprofitable Journey

I have been storing several pallets for ages now, thinking that I might find some use for them. But finally I decided to load them up and take them downtown to one of the many places that say they buy used pallets. I knew I wouldn't get a lot of money, but I certainly expected more than 25 cents each, totally one dollar. But at least I would be rid of them and I wouldn't have to pay to dispose of them.

OK Fine.

Then I went on a quick errand to a gallery downtown. I park at a meter that is broken and set off running so that I could get back and avoid getting a parking ticket.

And then I was pulled over, or whatever the equivalent is for when you are running like I was. I was cited for crossing in a crosswalk when it said "Don't Walk" The light was green andI was in a crosswalk and I receive a jaywalking ticket.

Well at least I didn't receive a parking ticket.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

How'd that happen? Can't you outrun the jaywalking ticket guy?