Sunday, April 26, 2009

20 Miles of Fun

Friday Night Cindy and I went out to see a friend play at a local bar. It was fun. Music was nice had a couple drinks and then went and had some delicious Mexican food and some more beer. All of this would have been just fine had I not been planning on running twenty miles the following morning.

Normally I would have blown off the run and slept in and continued on my day, but I was meeting a friend and we were doing the run together. So I hauled myself out of bed, wrapped my feet with duct tape (I've been having major blister issues) and got myself ready for our long run.

I filled up my Camelback(a personal hands-free hydration system, a backpack full of water and a tube) which holds 3 liters or 100 oz of water around 6 lbs worth. I was concerned of keeping hydrated because of my misbehavior the night before.

The run was really, really hard. I was sluggish and fairly miserable. The bag was too heavy. I whined and grumbled a lot, I felt bad for my running partner for that. After 3 hrs and 40 minutes with a few more walking breaks than usual we finished 20 miles. That's been the furthest I've ever ran outside of the actual marathons.

I had finally gotten down to close to 200 lbs, 202 to be exact. After my Friday night diversion I was back up to 206. After the long run, I was down to 200 lbs. As I dehydrated throughout the day I watched the scale go to 202, 203 until it settled at 204.

1 comments:

Theresa said...

You must have a really patient running friend.... sounds awful. Hope you feel better soon.