Monday, May 11, 2009

Early May

The Road to the LA Marathon

Less than 2 weeks off. I have not been training nearly as much as I should but I have been getting in my long runs albeit not one of the 20 mile length, still I did a 14 miler and a 16 mile the week after both were almost leisurely I don't think I've had that good of a base in the past but I do feel that I am running slower than I have. I am very interested as to what my time will be this year and how I will feel getting to the end.

Lakers

Right now(Tuesday night) watching the roller coaster that is the Lakers. Fortunately they are on an upswing.

Home School

Lots of projects and clubs and stuff, making an outfit for the Renaissance Faire(maybe next year), keeping up with 2 book clubs, girlscouts, TaeKwonDo, flute,Capoeria, and getting ready to get back to basketball. She's been helping out in the garden and in the kitchen. She's taken to Shakespere and thanks to our local library we've been watching a couple shows a week. Tommorrow she's off to the Theatricum Botanicum to see a production of Julius Casear.

We do some "school" stuff every once in a while as well.


Renaissance Faire

Looks like we're done for the season. Made it out three times, Skye and I in costume on two occasions. Learned a lot about the Renaissance, but not so much at the Faire itself. While I thoroghly enjoyed the Capoeria exhibition, a little confused on its inclusion. Lots of fun.

Gardening and back yard.

Lots of stuff going on, typical maintenance, prunning and weeding. Planting and harvesting. Also building a new Arbor and a chicken coup. Plus still alot of brick work that I never finished.

Salon Milagro

Out of "Jon's Social Experiment" evolved the twice monthly get together, chill and chat. We kicked things off with a Renaissance pot luck. Had a lot of wonderful food and interesting and stimulating conversation.

0 comments: