Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Running into 2011


MY FIRST RUN OF 2011




It was snowing and the hotel looked exquisite. What a way to start the new year.



What is that down yonder road?



A snowplow don't you know, hoping its not a bad sign.



When I turned the camera round, I could see why a snowplow might be needed.



I was looking forward to a lovely run into the winter wilderness.

The trail was a mix of ankle-biting frozen pot holes from previous footprints, slippery ice patches, puddles flowing underneath and numerous creek crossings.




A relatively easy one.



Somewhat less easy.



That is the trail, do I take the center, or the shoulder. I did combinations all the way through.



Also the trail, this time without the center option.



I ran 45 minutes out not seeing a soul, it was so beautiful. However having watched 127 hours a few nights before and having at various times during the run both feet had went through the ice or missed a step in the river crossings. It was a good thing I was wearing braces on both ankles.




None of my pics can capture the beauty, silence, magic of the morn.



Can't fault me for trying.



My turn-around point at 50 minutes. I went out for a 45 minute jog and ended up with a 1:30 slog which was as mental as physical.



In part because the sign read, Meadow Loop. Kept looking for the loop part, to no avail.



HOME SWEET HOME

0 comments: