Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Remembering the Rain

Cindy returned from Chicago on Saturday, I am on a job Monday. At the end of the day, this is great and the timing couldn't have been better, but while it was happening, it felt ironic and unfortunate; that after Cindy had been out of town working for so long and we haven't had much family/couple/relationship time, I end up working(how rare is that these days?) But realistically, I do need those union hours and we are in no position to pass up any kind of casholoa. So all in all it was a really good thing.

Plus I got to get out and remember what being a set dresser was like.

It was a commercial so I was on relatively unfamiliar territory. It felt a lot like my early non-union days were set dressers were "art department" or "art dogs", supposed to be capable of doing pretty much of everything. It makes my "Jon-of-All-Trades" moniker seem quaint. I must say I had a great time in spite of the rain, or maybe because of it.

Getting to ride along as we do returns in the 5-ton provides many photo-ops.

On that note:.....



I felt really bad for this guy, pretty awkward taking the picture actually.



Until I saw how much help he had, then I was like, "Step it up, what are you complaing about? You're young and your family needs you help...."



Seriously though the rain was having a significant effect on people and their livelihood.





water was flooding into this business. I'm sure the sand bags helped....A little.



Even the cops were having a tough go at it....not really actually.






But it did provide the opportunities for rainbows to flourish and they did. You can sort of see the double rainbow so many people posted on fb. I heard it was better on the westside.





It was a beautiful rainbow, although I couldn't quite capture it.



There was a lot of silver in those cloud's linings.

0 comments: