Friday, June 04, 2010

Working Again--FUNctional Fitness at the workplace

I worked as Cindy's lead for the first time in around 13 years. I was a little nervous, but it was a lot like riding a bike and once I shook off the rust, it was pretty easy. I really shouldn't have been nervous at all. We were actually finishing the job for a team who had to go onto another project. They had done almost all the prep work and so we were really just facilitating, connecting the dots and wrapping things up.

Now we have taken over jobs in the past with varying results, but in this case it really was all but complete and was left quite tidy and organized. Add to that, the fact that we used most of their set dressing crew who were all lovely and qualified, a couple of guys who had worked with Cindy and me in the past and a production staff that wasn't insane or unreasonable and it made for a wonderful return.

I did however gain several pounds, from eating and then sitting and driving all day.

On our wrap day, I took advantage of the location, which was downtown on the 6th floor. I must have run up and down the stairs 20 times, a few times actually carrying down some set dressing.
Also the set took place in a dry cleaners so we ended up moving around a dozen commercial cleaner. They were big and heavy but we had the right equipment so it was relatively painless. I was able to drop a couple of lbs from all the stairs but in the end I fell far short of my planned exercise routine and/or goals. Add to that that it set me back on all the projects at the house and well, there's a lot of catching up to do.

0 comments: