Wednesday, June 09, 2010

America's Next Top Co...I Mean Rooster



BFF
Oh, the times we had.


Mari-ain't

Well it turns out, that one of the few "keepers" Marianne, is a rooster. The other morning while Cindy and I were getting ready for the Ecology class that I teach/host, we heard a noise. Looking over at our cat, "Cici are you ok?"

Then we heard the noise again, definitely not coming from Cici. We went into the garage where our "little" chicks have become not so little chickens practically overnight and were greeted with the unmistakable sound of a little rooster growing. The sound was coming from a little black cock that I had been having my suspicions about.(Please do not take that last sentence out of context).



Feeling a little "cocky"

Not to be outdone, Marianne, the beautiful Americana(I think) who was going to lay us some beautiful green eggs, craned her neck and HE let out a crow, not a cluck, a throaty albeit immature crow.




Back when he was a she.

So much for my "don't ask, don't tell policy". So now we are in a rush to find homes for these lost boys.



A lot less like a fashion shoot under these new circumstances...more like a mug shoot or for an FBI most wanted poster.



Not Wanted


Dead or Alive

Reward $0

0 comments: