Saturday, June 12, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

It's been almost a month since we were at Lightning in a Bottle. I was able to get a post out about our first hour there, but that just barely touched the surface.

Since then, I've worked more as a set dresser than I have for the last 12 years, granted for ten of those I was a Set Decorator and by our Union's rules I couldn't have been a set dresser even if I wanted to. In fact, I am writing this from a pretty funky hotel in Parker, Arizona where I'm staying while I work on a train unit shooting just the the other side of the border, California's that is.

Then of course was the chicken/rooster Odyssey, which has calmed but by no means is over. Plus there is a ton of gardening and "farming"

But......time to recap Lightning in a Bottle. Or at least get us through the day and to just before it gets dark when LIB takes on an entirely different life.

Lightning in a Bottle--Part 2


After running into our friend Leslie, we realized that we hadn't eaten and headed out in search of food .




Skye and Cindy are camped out under this lovely shade structure while I forage for beer.




Chillin

After refueling we were ready to explore. There were several eco-workshops that I was interested in. They were in the nether regions of the festival and it was quite a hike to get there.

So up we hiked to the Sustainability Stage and the Temple of Consciousness. A lot of the workshops and speakers I had really wanted to see were on Friday and Saturday, but there was a speaker on Permaculture which I was interested in.




It turned out to be a pretty basic, very 101 introduction into the field which I had already researched, so unfortunately it was too basic for me and the speakers, well.....

So we left the Sustainability Stage and headed to the Temple of Consciousness.



Talks of astral travel and such was a little too fringe for me, rather it was not the fringe that I inhabit, so back to the Woogie Stage we went.





The cool human hamster ball had made it's way to a more central field with the addition of helpful instruction by way of a stiltmaster.




I have always love stiltwalkers and these were among the more creative and fun group of them. I am mesmerized.

We spent the next several hours hanging out in this area. Listening to music, people watching, someone had put up a slackline like the one we have, so we jumped on that and tried to play and impress.



As it started heating up and the DJs spun a water truck showered the crowd.



This was our audience as we attempted to cross and master the slackline. As you can imagine it was a supportive and understanding group.

To Be Continued.......

0 comments: