Saturday, May 08, 2010

Jiujitsu Training-Having FUN Tapping Out

Even though Cindy was coming home in a few hours and the house was beyond a wreck, I was determined to stay committed to my goal of going to jiu-jitsu more regularly.

I've been studying under the Machado Bros forever, first under Rigan and Roger. Rigan gave me my blue belt over ten years ago. I took a 3-4 year hiatus. Honestly I thought that I had hung up my Gi for good. But I missed it too much. So when I found out that John Machado had a studio ten minutes from the house, I dug out the ol' Gi and got back into it. I have been with John for a couple of years now, semi-recently receiving my purple belt.



This is where I roll.

Skye was playing around with my camera and some how missed all of my good moves. Capturing the end of what had been a long hard fought battle(on my part). The black belt I was rolling with has an excellent, beautiful and smooth game. I never had a chance, but it was amazing practice and I was curious how long I could last and endure.

For me this is fun.



Remember in my FUNctional Fitness philosophy it is about having fun and fun is different things to different people.

1 comments:

owens2u said...

Hi Jon, We raised chicks too! Love your pics. I have adorable pics of our 2 chicks on my daughter's shoulder. We sent them to a free range home and my daughter misses them terribly. Raising them is so much fun, isn't it?