Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A different kind of FUN-ctional Fitness

My first "official" work out consisted of a little jump rope warm up followed with some Indian Club swinging (more on that later) some work on the Aerial Silks, a bunch of core work and then finished it off working out with a few sets with my custom concrete "pinch" weights (more on that as well). I was easing into it, for good reason.

Had a good jui jitsu session on Tuesday. I followed that up with some "Gardening/Landscaping" training.



Tools of the trade.

Nothing like unstable footing, coupled with irregular shaped weights from 30 lbs to 85 lbs and even more unstable bags of gravel (50 lbs) along with swinging a pair of 5 gallon buckets of dirt.

Today was some commuting bicycling. Some downsides to commuting bicycle when you live in Baldwin Hills, well actually the opposite of a downside, I mean it's a downside but that downside is up hill, really up hill, bordered by some streets that are more like highways than than streets. Additionally my bike is a dual suspension mountain bike, not the ideal ride for the city. I felt loads of energy getting sucked away with each pedal push.

My legs burned, burned, burned.

Just a few very different examples of FUNctional Fitness, more an emphasis on function than fun on these "work-outs"

0 comments: