Saturday, September 12, 2009

I like books, too !!!

When in San Francisco, we went to City Lights Bookstore. What a wonderful treasure. I really, really resisted as best as I could and limited myself to just three books, but nice little nuggets that I am already thoroughly enjoying. Catching Fire, How Cooking Made Us Human, Sharing the Harvest, A Citizen's Guide to Community Supported Agriculture, and finally, but certainly not least, Everyday Drinking.

But more importantly, being in that store surrounded by so much history and works of poetry and fiction, (I know I tend to only buy and read non-fiction these days, but in a past life I consumed made up worlds voraciously) it made me long to write, to come up with stories true and not.

There just aren't enough hours in the day.

1 comments:

cindy carr said...

weren't our plates of food beautiful at that restaurant by the bay bridge? i can't believe we were just in san francisco together - definitely seems like a dream. and your magazine consumption? hmmm... a bit nutty, but i love magazines too, so i kind of understand. anyway, i love you and miss you, my darling nutcase.