Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Short Tough Run

There were a number reasons I thought that today's trail run might be tough. For a variety of reasons I hadn't run at all in two weeks, yesterday I had a most intense and exhausting Jui Jitsu training session, and it was my first caffeine-free run. What I forgot to factor in was the little heatwave we're having, as well as the air quality, due to the numerous fires. Even though Sullivan Canyon was many miles away from the fires, the air was thick where the smoke had settled in the canyon. As I made my way out of the canyon, I could feel the heat escaping the ground from the sweltering day before.




The air on the ridge was actually much cleaner thanks to the ocean breezes. For all of these reasons, I decided to cut the run short at 10 miles around two hours worth.

0 comments: