Sunday, May 27, 2007

Leaving LA to Mazatlan

Charles and I had already delayed the trip one day, after delaying it three the week before. Both of us were completely overwhelmed with other aspects of our lives. Neither of us were properly prepared for the trip, but we had to go. We had already realized it was much too late to buy a car and have titled transfered. That takes 60 days. So we were taking my truck, which I planned to sell anyway. I paid it off and had a letter from the financing company allowing me to take it into Mexico. After that, well I hoped Cindy would have recieved the pink slip and could fax it to me somewhere in Mexico before we had to go through anymore borders. Not the best of plans but like I said we were overwhelmed and out of time. Off we went.



Goodbye Hollywood.

We made it to Tuscon uneventfully. We breezed through the Mexican border at Nogales, all the proper paperwork in hand and hit the road hard. By the end of the day we had clocked in over 800 miles and had blown past Guaymas, Los Mochis and Culiacan, all cities we thought we might be staying in to make it to Mazatlan. We traveled for longer than we were comfortable in the night, not seriously considering the time change and really wanting to make a good first day. We were so impressed by Mexico's wonderful roads. It was a good first day. Ok second day. Good first international day.




Mazatlan in morning

0 comments: