Friday, October 10, 2008

Our Miracle Mile Run

Last weekend was another busy weekend. On Saturday Cindy and I attended a very interesting all day conference, 5D: The Future of Immersive Design presented by the Art Director's Guild. We arrived at 7:30 in the morning and didn't get out until around 8:30 in the evening. A lot of interesting ideas thrown around, mixed together with perhaps more than healthy amount of ego and bluster, but all in all a very informative day. Way too much to get into in this highlight reel of a blog. One of these days I'll add a little depth, but right now I'm lucky to just keep up.

Then on Sunday we all got up and at 'em for the Miracle Mile Run, down by the La Brea Tar Pits. It was Cindy's first race ever. Hurrah for Cinders. Skye's first run with a timing chip. And my shortest race to date. I had no idea about pacing so I took it easy cause I was just tired, from working and the conferance the day before and I haven't been training at all. 3/4 way through I realized I had a lot left so I turned it up. I came in at 7:01, almost broke 7 minutes.



Pic by Skye.




Skye bringing it home in the last quarter mile.




Family, chillin' by LACMA.



We treated ourself to a little take-away brunch at Campanile. Some celeb must have been at the restaurant for the paparazzi to be lurking about like this.




Yes we have video. Cindy heading out on her first race.



Skye's race 18 and under was filled primarily by the Fairfax Track team, a bit crazier than Cindy's start.

0 comments: