Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Where did the last 30 days go?

After coming back from our amazing and relaxing camping trip, I knew there would be some culture shock, some catching up to do, etc.

I had no idea what I was in for.

As Chairperson on the Events Committee with the Set Decorator's Society of America, I was responsible for finding one of our business members to host our General Membership Meeting. With the pesky actors looking to cause havoc with their own strike after the writer's strike rocked our industry, there weren't many businesses willing or able to commit. So I had that duty and time was running out.

Skye's birthday was coming up, along with the slew of other summer celebrations, so the yard and pool needed to be up and running. Our latest pool man had recently disappeared. So a bunch of stuff to deal with there.

Of course, there's Skye's home schooling, along with all the field trips, park dates, extra classes, like flute and tae kwon do, not to mention Girl Scouts. And on and on.

Cindy's sister, Beth was coming into town.

And the Laker's were doing well in the play offs.

So when Cindy got called to do re-shoots on the movie she had just worked on and asked me if I would be interested, I obviously should have said, "No, I have way too much going on."

"Of course, I'll do them. It will be a piece of cake."

Two weeks later, which included 9 days straight, a 15 hour Sunday, and an 18 hour Monday, and it felt like the entire cake had been shoved down my throat.

0 comments: