Thursday, June 26, 2008

Skye's Birthday Gift

It is always a challenge for me when Christmas or Skye's birthday comes around. She has too much stuff as it is and invariably she'll get a lot more things from friends and family than she can really appreciate. So this year I planted for her a "Birthday" tree. I wanted to plant one when she was one, but we didn't have a situation that would lend itself to that. But now we do. It was a pomegranate tree around her height. She can see how it grows as she does. I know this makes it all so much harder to consider selling this place, but at this point considering how much of my own personal blood, sweat and tears have been shed here, I thing we're in for the long haul.
The "Giving Tree" was always one of my favorite stories and I found the original and showed it to Skye. She really liked it. It still moves me. Give it a click




Skye and her "birthday tree".




I couldn't resist giving myself a "Father's Day" tree. I planted a beautiful fig tree. I look forward to reaping the fruits of my labor.




I had to move these pots before I had room to plant the celebratory trees. It almost killed me but I am happy with the results.




In typical 20/20 hindsight I realized that what this level was missing was some greenery. Nothing a jackhammer (or foresight) wouldn't solve.

Again, the process beat the hell out of me, but I am quite happy with the results.

0 comments: