Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Inaugural Rock 'n' Roll Los Angeles 1/2 Marathon

A few weeks back I found out my nephew was running the Rock n Roll Los Angeles 1/2 Marathon and so as a show of support I decided to run it with him.

True I hadn't been training, but I was in decent shape and it was only 13 miles, plus it was an inaugural event so why not?




I forgot how early these events start. I do love those early mornings.

I had no idea how I would find nephew, Adam among the thousands of runners and just like.....





Hey lil' nephew,



Once I did find him, there were still the thousands of runners. In fact, it took around 15 minutes just to get to the starting line. It's gotta be up there some where.




Around mile 3 I started feeling pretty good and then at around mile 7 I thought I might be able to finish under 2 hours. I don't whether it was the promise of a free beer or that it was mostly downhill or.... but something got me inspired and I decided to go for it.

Check out the stats:


OvrPl SexPl DivPl Bib First Name Last Name City State Chip Time
2154 1476 244 9571 Jon Danniells Marina Del Rey CA 01:59:33


Made it under the 2 hour mark by less than 30 seconds. That was close.





Not the best pic so I'm certainly not going to pay for a larger size of it.







There was some fun entertainment at the end, but it was in a different area than the beer garden and then the food was in a third area. It didn't make a lot of sense. But all in all it was a really fun race.

























0 comments: