Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Chicago Willis(Sears) Stairclimb

After spending a wonderful Friday night and then a lovely Saturday with sweet wife Cindy, the two of us got up bright and early and marched over to the Willis Tower so that I could take the stairs up to the 103rd floor where the observation deck.

I left my camera with Cindy and....




There were bananas and other snacks for the finishers.



Finishers and more bananas



The lobby and its art



The lobby and its flags


My Pics

I had to run up 103 flights of stairs to get them, but they are well worth it.



Amazing view




A picture from the plexiglas landing floor.

MY OFFICIAL TIME



Bib Number
Sort UpSort Down
First Name
Sort UpSort Down
Last Name
Sort UpSort Down
Overall Place
Sort UpSort Down
City
Sort UpSort Down
Gender
Sort UpSort Down
Division
Sort UpSort Down
Time
Sort UpSort Down

1419JONDANNIELLS301 MDR
M M4049

23:36











301 out of 2462, not so bad. Best time of day was 13 min 49 sec worst 2 hrs 4 min 9 secs, quite a range




I love this photo.


And then as the freezing wind blew threw us we did these couple shots from the bottom looking up.






Self-portrait









Maybe video is the only way to really capture the magnitude of the building's height and how tiny I am.

0 comments: