Monday, December 07, 2009

The Wonderful Journey of Opaline and Shadow -- Part Three

Bunnies in the Garden

Right now the garden beds are bare, in between plantings, so I have been using this area to house the chickens during the day. If it was good for the chickens, maybe it would be good for the rabbits as well. What harm could they do?




I used some branches of rosemary that I had pruned as a little lean to for the bunnies. They liked it.



Hanging with the bunnies



Down the rabbit hole.
They decided to do a little digging which was cute at first.




Then they kind of went nuts, digging out much of the gravel that I had originally put in for drainage purposes.

I had penned off one bed where I had planted one dill plant, one of the only plants in the four beds. They dug under the bed and back up into the bed and devoured the dill.



One of my precious hot pepper plants that the bunnies reduced to a nub. The rabbits seem fine although the word on the internet is varied.

The rains flooded out the bunnies and had them back in the living room for the night.

0 comments: