Sunday, October 11, 2009

Celebration???

I was not the best example of "sportsmanship" for Skye after taking a 30 minute deduction at the GUR in Dallas. I was cool and not crazy upset, but she had just put in several miles of running and my obvious frustration with our placing, due to a stupid oops by another team did not help make her feel positive about the race experience. So to try to balance this we headed of to the Texas State Fair, the largest event of its kind in the entire country.

I DON'T LIKE FAIRS.

I DON'T LIKE CROWDS!!!

I AM BY FAR THE MOST SOCIAL MISANTHROPE I KNOW.

That is probably the most significant proof of my love for Cindy Carr.

BTW she hates fairs too!

Skye at age 11 loves them.





This was the first attraction we came upon, a slovenly(not his fault) immense pig of something like 1700 lbs, again I am not sure of the weight but the pig was BIG!!!!




OK the view from America's biggest Ferris wheel was incredible, I suppose the the distance makes fat Americans seem smaller.



Yes incredible.

And then the rest of the fair happened.






Celebrating, after a pig race, America knows how to have fun!!!!



"For me this fair SUCKS!!!!"




There were not a lot of people attending the R & B session.



FRY FUCK

Everything that is edible apparently can be fried, including butter, which by the way won the most creative use of frying. How bout fried liposuction, that would be in the spirit, no?

While in line for parking, I realized that I had not put the rain fly on our tent. I realized this because it was raining.

But maybe it wasn't raining at the camp ground.

Why wouldn't it be raining there?

No reason, which is why it did rain there.



It sure seemed like the perfect camping site.



This was the morning after. We got the rain fly on and the damage was not too bad, I had laid our towels over the top of the tent so that they could dry, ha ha ha.




Coming out, one foot at a time.

Actually we got pretty drenched. It rained all night and we were literally sleeping in puddles.

It would end up taking days to dry out.

Luckily were headed out west, to deserts and there lack of humidity.

0 comments: