Sunday, November 16, 2008

Week in review- A mixed bag

Burn Baby Burn

I'll start with Sunday morning in this week's retrospective, since I woke up this morning to ash floating down around me and covering our cars.




Yesterday one couldn't see Downtown from our house.




The city was in sight this morning, albeit in a smoke-filled Armageddon-like haze.




The morning barely managed to burn through the clouds of smoke. After watching the news for an hour, flipping through channels, we still had only an inkling of where the fires actually were. I found this very informative map on-line. Click to go and see our little ring of fire.




I'm still playing around with the underwater feature on my camera. Meanwhile, we had an invader raid the pond a couple of weeks back. All the fish were fine but whatever it was completely destroyed the water lily's and ate all of the snails. It must have been a French opossum with a midnight craving for escargot.




Speaking of exoskeleton deaths, Alvin passed the other day. She is already missed. Cindy and Skye had a nice ceremony for her. I was working on a pilot and couldn't make it to the service.

We have been meaning to have a garage sale for a while now. I don't why, we both abhor them. They are so much more trouble than they are worth, at least for us. If we enjoyed them, it might be a different matter but......




One of the lamest garage sales I've ever been involved with. If it weren't for the arrival of garage sale wizard, Kip Haynes who managed to sell our one big ticket item to one of the two customers who showed up we would have netted less than $20.




Meanwhile when cleaning for a small pizza party on Sunday, (as if it weren't already smoky enough) we discovered to our horror and humor, a definite sign of being too busy and crazed, that the cans for the beer can chickens from the China Olympic's party were still sitting on the grill. Only to realize that they actually predate that party, going back to the Fourth of July. Oh my, oh my....






The garden is doing well but is in much need of weeding and maintenance.

Let's see, Cindy and I are both working on the remake of Fame.

I, we all started running last weekend, Skye and Cindy posting two 4 mile workouts up in the Kenneth Hahn back country, only to be smoked out this weekend.

The Lakers posted there first loss, happening unfortunately the same evening as my pre-garage sale meltdown. They still hold the best record in the NBA, to the point that Shaq is now expressing an interest in returning blaming his and Kobe's difficulties on coach Jackson. Oh Shaq, retire already with your dignity still some what in tact.

Like I said a mixed bag.

0 comments: