Sunday, August 03, 2008

Getting ready to climb the Stairs

Last October I participated in the Ketchum Downtown YMCA Stair Climb to the Top". A race up the stairs of the tallest building on the west coast, the US Bank Tower, 75 flights, 1500 steps of pure fun.

I didn't really train for it last year and still managed to make it up in a respectable 17min and something seconds. This year I am training (or so I say) and in the spirit of the event ("All climbers are encouraged to collect donations to help promote healthy lifestyles and build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Proceeds from the event will directly benefit the YMCA's community programs such as after-school tutoring, teen leadership development, youth and teen sports, our Montessori preschool, and senior fitness programs.") I am looking for sponsors and donations.

You can click on the following link and be taken to my event website. Actually, it's not quite that simple, unfortunately. Once you get to the link, you have to click on "Sponsor Participant", then type my name in the search, click on my name and then at long last you'll be there.
You can donate or at least check on my progress. https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=278309&lis=1&kntae278309=80901D3E3C2549C781FF97C3D7F9E3B1&supId=189543511

The event itself is Friday, September 26, 2008. I highly recommend it. It would be great to see someone I know down there, or up there as the case may or may not be.

0 comments: