Friday, May 09, 2008

Racing with Skye in San Fransisco

On a whim, I asked Skye if she thought she could run the Great Urban Race with me. I reminded her it was the same one that I ran with Kip and Theresa(2 different races BTW), kind of like the Amazing Race.

"Oh yeah, I'm in."

And with that I signed us up to race up in San Fransisco the following Saturday, which is now last Saturday. I was excited as well as nervous. It's a fun race but can take several hours and be pretty exhausting. Add to that it's in a city I don't know, with a lot of hills and in a week with a 9 year old. Ok it does sound a little crazy, I admit it. Which is why I had to add another element.




Skye and I just before the race.

Not the POV camera on my hat, that is the other element. I recently purchased this super-heavy duty POV camera to record in video some of my mad capped adventures. Granted this race was probably not the best time for a test run, but then again no time like the present. I successfully recorded lots of the race, now I must learn to edit so maybe in a future post.

I am so ridiculously slammed for time that I must shortcut to the most criminal of levels. So below are pics from the race and Skye with the sons of the family we stayed with.

Really I just had to get the pictures out. More stories and details to follow, I promise.

Click on link of Great Urban Race and then San Fransisco to see one more pic of us and learn about the race.

Gotta go.











0 comments: