Friday, January 18, 2008

January's Activities

After recovering from the holidays and the last big push on the backyard project, I have finally begun to get into the swing of things. This post will feel kind of hodge-podgy and non-sequential, which is how I'm feeling as well. Skye started basketball and I started coaching her team. We had one practice before the game and I pretty much just let them loose to check out their various skill levels. My one goal for that first practice was to learn all their names and for them to get to know each other. I think I did pretty well on that. Game day I was ready for us to get beat and then tell the girls with a little practice we'd do better next time. Well the girls did great and we won by a lot. We did so well that the following Monday practice they took our best girl and shifted her to the team we had beaten, to even things out. So we'll see how we do this week. I feel confident.




Skye is one of the youngest and smallest on the team, unfortunately she's got her back to us in this photo.




After the rains, the skies cleared and the nearby mountains we covered with snow, barely even looks like Los Angeles.

I've been going consistently to Jui jitsu, not getting beat up so bad these days, having fun and keeping in shape. Will try to get photos someday. Also running regularly, cause I'm doing the LA Marathon this year.




Skye went on a really cool and informative hike led by Rob Remedi, organized through Skye's Girl Scout troop, another one of this year's semi-new activities.




A beautiful sunset captured by Skye outside of Cindy's job site over at Playa Vista.

There are the park days, checked out a friend's band, Beautiful Criminal at the Roxy, a lot of fun and then you know the usual, gotta run and get beat up at jui jitsu, drop Skye at Girl Scouts, run for an hour or so and then party at friends house. Looking forward to yummy jambalaya.

0 comments: