Saturday, January 05, 2008

2007-- What a Year It Was

Wow!!!! Writing a blog has been an amazing experience. I looked back at the beginning, back in January of 07. A lot has happened. I'm going to just do a quick rattle off of the highlights, actually more like a highlight of the highlights. I urge you to take a clickity-click back on the blog, it's pretty cool.

We started the year with a lot of traveling, Cindy off to Oregon; Skye, Charles and I off to Nicaragua, then Skye and me back and forth to visit Cindy in Portland, then Charles and I driving through most of Central America to meet up with Cindy and Skye and then Cindy, Skye and I off to Paris for our 10th wedding anniversary(Cindy and mine).

And then the parties, of course we started and ended with our New Year's Eve Event, had a huge 40th bday for me, then a series of pizza making parties, a couple of cocktail parties, a Thanksgiving feast. Those were just the ones that we hosted, we made it to a bunch as well.

In between Cindy worked a lot while I continued the backyard project, which is pretty much done, at least the big hard stuff(see previous blog for more on that) and more importantly and time and energy consuming, Skye's home schooling. I worked for a bit as well which required a lot of juggling .

And I raced. I ran some 10k's, a 75 story stair climb, did the Urban Assault with Skye. Kip and I raced in the Urban Dare, the Muddy Buddy and then took 2cnd in the Great Urban Race.

I took up Brazilian Jui Jitsu again and Skye started the flute and Tae Kwon Do. We somehow managed to get up to Mammoth to ski, camp and mountain bike, although just one time a piece.

It was an amazing, tiring, unbelievably full year.

0 comments: