Friday, August 17, 2007

Scattered update

Skye made it through another week of sleepaway camp up at Camp Hollywoodland, this time with her pal Amandla, who she has known since preschool. Luckily she lives close to us, so they get to hang out on a regular basis. Given the choice, Skye might have stayed up at camp, but...


We continue to have pizza making get togethers and the pizzas just keep getting better and my waistline continues to expand. So in an attempt to reclaim my body as well as a series of coincidences and synergies, I am getting back into Brazilian Jui jitsu, over at John Machado's studio. I studied more with his brother Rigan in Torrance way back when. It's been around 3 or 4 years since I last trained and I've been twice now and can barely walk, but it feels great to be back and it's just the kind of butt-kicking, I need to get back in shape. Anybody interested, it's an amazing workout and fun and I can hook you up. Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Skye is currently going to a Sports Day camp. I'm not so sure how much they're really working on sports skills as opposed various games like capture the chicken, but she works up a sweat(not hard to do these days) and has a bunch of fun.
This week, Pilar, a friend from her Culver City school days joined her at camp. She heads off to yet another camp next week, back with pal Amandla. And then back to school with professor papa and a whole new series of adventures.



Cindy is back to work. I might be joining her for a short stint.

Summer is coming to and end.

0 comments: