Saturday, June 23, 2007

Paris-What a lot to see

It's Sunday morning just after 9. We have now been here for 5 days. We have not been adjusting to this time change well. Today will mark our earliest rise yet, yesterday we were out and about at I think 1:30pm. Now admitedly it's been made more challenging in that Skye is very much of a night owl and it doesn't get dark in Paris until 10:30. We have usually been just sitting down to eat at about 10pm. We have been trying to hit all the "must sees" while attempting to avoid the crowds, tourists, keep Skye entertained and get some sort of rest and relaxation. So far it seems that starting at mid-day has been working.


Cindy and Skye in front of building where Cindy stayed when she lived in Paris long ago




We've made it to the Eiffel Tower but after looking at
the line opted to come back another day.
One interesting note, there was a huge beach volleyball set up with many courts set up in the
park in front of the tower, a little bit of LA keeps following us around.









A little bit of LA in Paris










Cindy and Skye and a somewhat famous tower.

We've been in Notre Dame but past by the line for the tower tour several times because it has long. Yesterday while Skye played in the park, again, and I began falling asleep in my chair, I opted to make my way back to the apartment and get a little rest. A couple of hours later just as I was getting into the apartment(I couldn't ignore my wanderlust inspite of my exhaustion), Cindy called and said that the Notre Dame line was doable. So I finished off what I was doing, putting away groceries, etc. and literally ran half the way there just in time to join them for the "tour" and climb the 422 steps to the belltower and look outs. The views of the city were breathtaking, the gargoyles and history mind boggling.









Finally at the top of Notre Dame







Skye posing Cindy mapping out our next adventure
Cindy and Skye with the "winning boat" 12
Right now I must run if we are to get out at a decent time. Short cut for the rest.... saw the Louvre or got a mere taste of it after being there for 6 hours. We've hit the metro several times, dined in several cafes, with varying results taste-wise although they all were expensive. Done tons of walking and stair climbing
Cindy and Jon at Louvre, Skye behind lens

0 comments: