Thursday, February 01, 2007

A favorite quote to pass along

As much to move on from that last post(hopefully the after shot will be more pleasant) as to share one of my favorite quotations from Jack Kerouac. "But then they danced down the street like dingledodies, and I shambled after as I've been doing all my life after people who interest me, because the only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellos roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww'!" On The Road 1957. And now back to packing.

3 comments:

Amy Dru said...

Jon- glad to be on this journey with you. Give Skye a big hug from us and hope your time in Nicaraugua is amazing and productive and safe!

amy

kc said...

Hi Jon - Loved your blog - a vicarious way for me to see the sights too. Can't imagine a more exciting childhood for Skye - wish you the best - I'm thrilled for you. kc

Anonymous said...

"Life is meant to be lived" is one of my favorite quotes. You have embodied this since I have known you, a great quality to pass on to your daughter. Skye looks very happy, you, well, get to the gym and please stop posting pics of yourself until you have a 12-pack and lose the muffin cups. Regards to Cindy. Larry and Frances