Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Resurrections

A lot has been going as of late, to the point where I have barely been able to keep up with this blog and the posts have sometimes been not quite up to par.

But since arriving in Atlanta, I have felt a huge burden lifted. For the past several months more often than not I was sleeping 3-5 hours a night and still feeling like I didn't have enough time in a day. I used to wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning and struggle to get back to sleep before relenting and just getting up. The last couple of nights I have slept in til 6:30 and 7:00 which is a big deal for me.

Not Looking Back ...Much

It's at this point in the blog that I lay out a Cliff note version of recent events, but for the most part I won't. Instead I will start anew.

Cindy is on working on The Three Stooges in Atlanta. We have packed up the house, moved most everything into storage, sold and gave away truck fulls of stuff.
Skye and I loaded up the car and drove across the country. We left on Friday and got into town Sunday afternoon, in time to celebrate Easter together as a family.

In less than a month Skye and I are headed back to LA. We'll be tying up loose ends and I'm running the So. Cal Tough Mudder. And of course we'll do our best to see as many of our L.A. friends as possible. But then it will be back to Atlanta until the end of July and then.....?


Atlanta

We've only been here for a few days but we are transitioning fast. I found a gym that has Brazilian Juijitsu classes that is walking distance from the house. It also has yoga and kick-boxing classes. I trained on Monday night and definitely felt the humidity and realized how long it had been since I had done any physical training. But I still had a great time. Skye took her first kick-boxing class(as in fitness kick-boxing not Muay Thai) today and loved it.

We went to a home-school park day yesterday. The park was enormous and we ended up at 4 different parking lots before finding the group. Skye found a new friend almost immediately and was off to play tag, climb, run around and just hang out with kids around her age. I hung out with the moms. I was the only dad, like most of the time in L.A. and I suppose it would hold true in most of the country.

Today we're off to the local farmer's market.

I went for a nice jog this morning, before the kick box class. There seem to be many bike trails running through out the city, at least there are close to where we are staying.




Cindy found this great 110 year old house for us.

It's spacious and beautiful with a wonderful backyard and most importantly we're renting so I won't be doing any of the maintenance.



This is our new, well it's used but new to us, car. Put a hitch on for a bike rack or trailer, and added a heavy duty rack and basket on the roof. It's a real good one for the road and so far so good.





1 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm so happy for you guys! New beginnings are awesome.