Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Malibu Marathon

I was so not prepared for this marathon, to the point where I had to think of it as a training run just to maybe get through it. Some how, some way I just relaxed and enjoyed the run. It helped that the course was so beautiful.

We started out at 7 am and it was cold. But after a mile we were warmed up and enjoying the cropland/breadbasket that is California. BTW I am realizing more and more how relatively easy it is to be a localvore or even a semi-localvore in California.

I started having lots of fun in the run, kicking it off rocks and berms, yeah it was fun. In fact, it was the most fun I ever had on a marathon. Usually miles 20 - 26 are absolute hell, somehow this time, in spite of the hills the last five miles were incredible. I actually sprinted the last 1/4 mile.




What an amazing locale for a run. It makes it easy, right?



Feeling good after a 26.2 training run.




Kicking it at the beach ending.

Little time to rest though, cause Dec. 5, Death Valley awaits!!!!

0 comments: