Sunday, March 01, 2009

Random list, account, photos from Last Week of February

February came and went. Spring is officially weeks away but it feels pretty springy here at the Milagro house.



Gardening

If you look really hard you can see my potato's sprouting. There are a bunch of other little sprouts. I have no idea what they are so I'll let them grow for a while and see what they are.





My salad barrel needs some thinning, but is doing quite well.






Pond scum cleaning

Several weeks ago our Koi pond was raided and all of the koi were taken, eaten by some pesky raccoon I imagine. But after that I kind of let the pond go. So yesterday I finally got around to cleaning it up.




The Sole Survivor

After cleaning out the algae and gunk, I discovered that one fish had survived the carnage. Our little High Fin Shark, survived.




More Gardening

This mint plant got more than a little root bound in his pot. I've got a spot for him in the garden where he can spread out those roots a bit more.








Sewing lessons

Skye and I are learning how to sew on this industrial monster. I little intimidating because it goes really fast. But we're getting the hang of it.

Coaching Skye's Y basketball team

Home schooling

Hanging out with the other "mom's" at park days.

Skye did a scale model of the solar system for her science Super Duper. The sun was represented by an 8 inch ball, making the earth the size of a peppercorn and Jupiter around the size of a small jaw beaker. The park we were at wasn't quite big enough to set up, in fact it spilled over into an alley way and Lincoln Blvd prevented us from reaching Neptune and Pluto. (I know its a moon) All in all the model has you walking 1000 yard (10 football fields) to go from the sun to Pluto. And remember in that model earth is the size of a pepper corn.


I gave up my Union Local 44 Decorator Card and am now on the roster as a property person.

Hourly vs. salaried
Back-aches vs. headaches
Stress and status vs. Chillin' and being one of the gang
More money(sometimes) vs More flexibility(also sometimes)

Brazilian Juijitsu

Hosting a Social Experiment

0 comments: