Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Field trips are FUN and educational



We're finally in the home school swing of things, hitting the park dates and show and tells, back in AYSO soccer, flute lessons, Skye became a Junior Girl scout and we have started up our Wednesday field trips with our special guest Nija.
This week we went to the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium.
I don't think I've been there since I was a kid. I think it was on a school field trip. Well it's changed a lot and is quite improved. The new exhibits are very beautiful as well as being interesting and informative. Many are interactive and most relate to local beach and ocean issues. And it's free. I think there is a voluntary parking cost, but I couldn't figure out how or where to pay and since the lot was empty and we were there just around an hour I didn't worry about it.



Skye and Nija checking out how it feels to live in a fish tank.


Can we come out now?


On second thought, I think I'll hang out here and investigate the kelp bed.




What cute little grunions.


These were some amazing jellyfish.


Oops I almost left Skye in one of the tanks.

0 comments: